Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Things you should know by now... When post frequency picks up, there's probably something important I'm procrastinating on. *le sigh*

The trip to SF made me painfully aware of my grad school budget. I'm tired of watching my pennies, feeling guilty over every teeny splurge. Staying on Market & 4th was disastrous- temptation literally in every store front: Fcuk, Armani Exchange, Betsey Johnson, Prada, Lulu Lemon (a new, but worthy, obsession), Anthropologie, Ted Baker, Laundry... The excess of it all was a bit overwhelming. And wholly unnecessary. I don't know why I dream of spending loads of money on clothes- no matter how much I spend, I will never be fashion forward. Fancy price tags can't take away my innate awkwardness. Since returning to Abq, I can't seem to shake this urge to shop. Case in point- I found the coolest bamboo dry erase boards. I went so far as to add it to my virtual shopping cart, before succumbing to a reality check. Why spend $100 on something that has a functional equivalent available at Target for $10? You are tempting, my consumer-happy world, full of pretty, borderline-useless baubles...

No comments: