Thursday, April 22, 2010

The mall and misery

So all that business about my body revolting? Full on coup d'etat. It's comforting to have an explanation for the recent debilitating fatigue, but why does it have to be iron-deficiency anemia? I can hear my entire meat-lovin' family in the back of my head, teasing me about my 9 years of veggie life and trying to expand my current "no mammal" diet plan ("It's just a a little bacon, E, it won't kill ya..." *should be read with a hefty TX accent*). Despite my body insisting that it actually needs steak, my mind cannot stomach the thought. Hello, Iron Supplements; welcome to my world.

The almost-worst part? Doc telling me I need to cut back my exercise to "brisk walks" until this resolves. I'm slowing down, I'll take a few more days off during the week, but damned if my addiction is going to allow compliance on this issue. *sigh*

The absolute-worst part? Falls in the TMI category- lucky for you, unlucky for me. (Just so you get a bit of my inner monologue- ever since I started this post, I've had Alanis in the back of my head... Isn't it iron-ic? Dontcha think?)

In happier news, the day after the "worst part", I get to visit Jilly-pants in Seattle! Another trip planned for Denver on Memorial Day weekend- Broken Bells at the Gothic. Should be a good summer!

Use your intuition
It's all you've got
Keys are rare
And there's a dozen locks
Standing in your way
So goes the gold age
To your entire life...

I know what I know
Would not fill a thimble
So let your mind go (let my mind go)
Straight down the runway
-Broken Bells

2 comments:

parsingtime said...

the not running part of my pregnancy is not thrilling me either. Hope you feel better soon!

Parsing

e said...

Parsing- I'm hoping both of us will be back at it soon :) Are you counting down? Hope you are feeling settled in the new casa (and that Husband has been helping...)