Friday, July 2, 2010

I'd break every law of physics...

I'm in denial that summer is half over. June taught me I could never survive a career that demands 80+ hours/week. I like sleep and me-time wayyy too much. Not to mention that when things return to normal pace, I shut down. Take yesterday, for example. My assessment was rescheduled, giving me back 6 lovely hours of potential productivity. Reports could have been written, articles read... And instead? I watched Kathy Griffin take on Alaska.

Happenings of 6/2010:
My belief in love-at-first-sight was renewed, thanks to Josh Ritter. Charming, contagiously happy, handsome (in a bookish kind of way)... It's really too bad he's already married- he has ties to neuroscience, and I'm pretty sure he would sing me to sleep on a nightly basis... The show made my Top 5 list. His band was spot on. It didn't hurt that his bass player did a stellar rendition of Wicked Games.
If you haven't listened to him, you should check out The Curse.

Teaching was a-okay. I would definitely do it again, but probably not during summer. 2 hours of talking, 5 days a week leaves a girl a little sick of the sound of her own voice. The internets saved my butt on more than one occasion- thank you, Nova!

My running log hit 109.96 miles. July will easily top that. Gwennie-poo is posting updates counting down the minutes and seconds until start time. We're making packing lists, training at altitude once a week, fitting in 2-a-days... Yet, I still wish we had one more month to train. I forgot how easily running could take over my whole existence. Gradually, I'm getting faster- had my personal best 10K. At this rate of improvement, maybe I'll qualify for Boston on my 80th birthday.

I've slacked on my last two Daring Kitchen assignments. I wish life would stay out of my chef-time...

Well, there's one more thing
I'll tell you if I can
It is not love
that makes a non-stick frying pan
but a top secret, trademark conglomerated,
most likely carcinogenic, polyeurothane compound
spreading of microthin substance over a negatively charged layer
of aluminum, copper, iron, lead, vhs, fyi, apple pie, FBI,
and some other elements too
but since you're gone
I wish I'd stuck to you...
-Josh Ritter

No comments: