Friday, July 23, 2010

eat, pray, love

I was already counting down the days until my Dallas trip- I've been missing the fam like crazy these past few months. I just got an email from mi madre that pushed the excitement over the edge. Thank goodness there's no video surveillance- a rather embarrassing happy dance just occurred.
I'm catching the tail end of Restaurant Week, and we now have a reservation at Loft 610! My top choices were already booked (Charlie Palmer's, Craft, Five Sixty, Stephan Pyles), but I am more than happy with this fine consolation prize. While other ladies I know are swooning over handsome actors, I have a bad habit of falling for Top Chef contestants. Seriously, gentlemen. The kitchen door is probably the fastest way to my heart. Tre Wilcox happens to be one of my faves (right behind Harold- *le sigh*; this season, there's unfortunately no one crush-worthy). I have no idea if he will actually be chef'ing when we patronize the Loft, but a girl can dream.

No comments: