Tuesday, June 21, 2011

When life hands you lemons...

Walking home yesterday, I found myself thinking about Miss Mary Ann. It always catches me off guard- how quickly the memories (and the tears) well up and overflow... No matter how many years pass, the thought of her smile and her infectious laugh remains bright and powerful. Mary was eternally optimistic. Of late, my heart has been so bogged down- with anger and sadness and worry. I wish that I could capture even a bit of her spirit.
I suppose I am becoming more superstitious in my old age, but as soon as I thought of her, the song I was listening to ended and shuffle landed on an Elliott Smith song that I never paid attention to before.

"Talking to Mary, you know you don't have to shout
She can hear what you're thinking, like you were saying it right out loud..."

I miss you, my beautiful friend.

No comments: