Saturday, May 3, 2008

gardenia

i wish i was better at navigating conflict... after 27 3/4 years, one would think i'd be better equipped to handle and discuss feelings of anger and hurt. instead, during these silly but inevitable moments of life, i feel like i'm floating outside of my body, watching myself shut down.

after seeing the jicks live, i find myself crushing on stephen malkmus. his witty stage banter plus stellar lyrics multiplied by delicious nerdy-ness makes him completely irresistible.

I kinda like the way you dot your "J"s
With giant circles of naïveté
The kind of circles include everything
Don't mean to damn you with the faintest phrase
It's just a symptom of the blave age
I want to live in
He would be amazed.

So you've got some curb appeal
But can you cook a three course meal?
Or are you just a present waiting to be opened up and parceled out again? Hey!
-SM

No comments: